Statistics → Variable
A variable is a quantity whose value changes. For example,
- Number of students in each class/department/university
- Number of road accidents in a city/country
- Performance of university/company/government during 2018
- Age or Height of students in a university
- Profit/Loss of a company in each year
- Asset/Stock prices
A discrete variable is one which may take on only a countable number of distinct values.
A continuous variable takes on an uncountable infinite number of possible outcomes.