Mathematics → Quiz | Statistics Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Test with Answers, Solutions, and Explanation. Following statistics quiz are from basics of statistics, intermediate statistics, and also some questions from advance statistics. These practice questions are helpful in test preparation. Solutions to these statistics and probability sample questions are given after the answers to these questions.
FEATURED STATISTICS MCQ
1. The mean and variance of Poisson distribution are both
ANSWER: STATISTICS MCQ
1. (C) λ See below for regular statistics questions with answers and solutions.
STATISTICS MCQS | MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS TEST
1. What is the arithmetic mean of the data set: 4, 5, 0, 10, 8, and 3?
2. Which of the following cannot be the probability of an event?
3. If a random variable X has a normal distribution, then eX has a/an _____ distribution.
4. What is the geometric mean of: 1, 2, 8, and 16?
5. Which test is applied to Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)?
(A) t test
(B) z test
(C) F test
(D) χ2 test
ANSWERS: STATISTICS MCQS
1. (B) 5
2. (D) 1.2
3. (A) lognormal
4. (A) 4
5. (C) F test (Find the solutions below)
SOLUTIONS: STATISTICS MCQS
1. Here total numbers are 6. So,
2. The probability of an event is always between 0 and 1 (including 0 and 1). So, 1.2 cannot be the probability of an event.
3. A lognormal distribution is a probability distribution of a random variable whose logarithm is normally distributed. So, if X is lognormal then Y=ln(X) is normal. Similarly, if Y is normal then X=eY is lognormal.
4. There are 4 numbers in total. So, by using the formula for calculating geometric mean, we have
Next: Statistics MCQs 6–10