CSS | MPT | Syllabus | Past Papers | Solved Papers | Preparation | Books | Notes | MCQs
CSS 2023: Important Dates
- CSS MPT Advertisement: 7 August 2022
- MPT Online Application Submission: 8 Aug – 22 Aug 2022
- CSS MPT Date: 2 October 2022
- MPT Answer Key Posting on Web: 2 October 2022
- CSS MPT Result Announcement: 17 October 2022
- Advertisement for CSS 2023 written exam: 30 October 2022
- Online applications from MPT qualifiers: 30 Oct – 14 Nov 2022
- Hardcopy of Forms & Documents from MPT Qualifiers: by 24 November 2022
- CSS Written Examination Commencement Date: 1 February 2023
The first step towards CSS 2023 examinations is CSS MPT to be held on 2 October 2022. Read more information about CSS MPT.
CSS exam in Pakistan: Eligibility criteria, pattern, syllabus, past papers, preparation material and other information
Central Superior Services (CSS) exam in Pakistan, eligibility criteria, age limit, application process, exam pattern, and other information. Link to CSS exam rules, subjects selection, and general information in PDF is given below. NOTE: CSS exams 2021 were held in February 2021. CSS 2022 advertisement is expected to be published in the first week of November and candidates will be able to apply through CSS official website portal by FPSC.
For reference, please see the CSS-2021 Public Notice by FPSC, CSS-2021 Date Sheet and CSS-2021 papers. Past results can be found in the Results section, and find some preparation material in the CSS Preparation Material section.
CSS Eligibility Criteria
Both male and female candidates are eligible
Education: Graduation (14 years of education) with at least a second division or grade “C”.
Age: 21 – 30 years on 31st of the preceding December.
For example, for CSS-2022 age must be between 21 – 30 years on 31 December 2021.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
A candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria in terms of age and qualification by December 31st. For example, for CSS-2022,
- the candidate must have obtained the required qualification by December 31, 2021.
- the candidate must be within age limit on December 31, 2021.
CSS Age Limit
A candidate for admission to the CSS Examination-2022 must have attained the age of 21 years and MUST NOT have attained the age of 30 years on 31st December, 2021.
CSS FEE STRUCTURE
Rs 2200 for written competitive examination.
CSS JOBS AND DEPARTMENTS
Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) holds the Central Superior Services (CSS) competitive examinations (CE) each year in February for recruitment to the posts in BS-17 in following twelve occupational groups/services under the federal government:
CSS SERVICE GROUPS
1. Commerce & Trade Group
2. Pakistan Administrative Services
3. Foreign Service of Pakistan
4. Information Group
5. Inland Revenue Service
6. Military Lands & Cantonments Group
7. Office Management Group
8. Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
9. Pakistan Customs Service
10. Police Service of Pakistan
11. Postal Group
12. Railways (Commercial & Transportation) Group
CSS EXAMINATION CENTERS
CSS examinations are conducted in the following cities of Pakistan: Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, D.G. Khan, D.I. Khan, Faisalabad, Gilgit, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Larkana, Multan, Muzaffarabad, Peshawar, Quetta, Rawalpindi, Sargodha and Sukkur.
CSS INFORMATION (PDF)
Download the CSS information, exam rules, and other instructions for CSS exam and selection criteria in PDF. CSS Information Pack (PDF).