US History Quiz → From 81 to 90
81. Which American president was elected for two non-consecutive terms ?
(A) Chester A. Arthur
(B) Benjamin Harrison
(C) Grover Cleveland
(D) Woodrow Wilson
82. In the spring of _____, black students in Virginia protested their unequal status in the state’s segregated educational system.
83. Civil rights leaders focused on ______, highlight extreme forms of segregation there.
(A) Gulf Shores Alabama
(B) Huntsville Alabama
(C) Dothan Alabama
(D) Montgomery Alabama
84. In _____ the western allies, in concert against Hitler’s Germany, started calling themselves “The United Nations” .
85. Strict separation of powers does not operate in ?
(A) The United Kingdom
86. Courts check both the executive branch and the ___________ through judicial review.
(A) Criminal Branch
(B) Legislative Branch
(C) Trade Branch
(D) Commercial Branch
87. The term “British North America” was first used informally in ?
88. Separation of Powers is a _______ in which each branch of government has its own powers.
89. The Battle of Gettysburg was the turning point in the Civil War for the ?
90. The Birth of a Nation movie was directed by ?
(A) David Lynch
(B) D.W. Griffith
(C) Nicholas Ray
(D) Robert Altman
ANSWERS: UNITED STATES HISTORY QUIZZES