English Notes → Play: Heat Lightening
1. Why could not the girl describe the killer?
The girl could not describe the killer because she was very afraid. She could not see him clearly in the dark. She was quite nervous and upset. She was mentally confused. She was running away from the killer to save herself. She was not in her senses.
2. What were the circumstances that forced her to leave her car?
She was at a party. She was returning home when her car ran out of gas. She could not drive her car. It was dark outside and she could not get fuel from anywhere. She left her car and started walking along the road.
3. Why did she ask for help from the first man?
6. Does the girl become suspicious of the first man as the play progresses?
9. Why did the girl consider the first man her helper?
The girl was very afraid. She was running away from a killer. He was chasing her. She was in danger. She wanted to save her life. She wanted shelter and protection. She asked the first man for help because there was nobody to help her. She was friendless and helpless. Therefore, the girl did not become suspicious of the first man as the play progressed. She considered the first man her helper.
4. What was the condition of the weather?
The condition of the weather was very bad. It was a stormy night. It was continuously raining and thundering outside. There was flash of lightening. The bad weather increased the fear of the girl.