GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUIZ
1. The approximate population of our world is
(A) 5.8 billion
(B) 6.8 billion
(C) 7.8 billion
ANSWER: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (GK)
1. (C) 7.8 billion. Find more General Knowledge Quiz here.
What is General Knowledge?
General knowledge (abbreviated as GK) is the knowledge about the world and its inhabitants. It is general awareness of the geography of the earth and its physical features. General knowledge also includes basic information about plants, animals as well as important historical events.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (WORLD)
Our world is divided in Land and Water. In Science, our world is known as planet Earth. About 71% of the Earth’s surface is covered with water and the remaining 29% is land. The world is so big that more than 7.8 billion people lives on the land of our world that is only 29% of the total surface area of the Earth.
The world’s water is divided in 5 oceans, several rivers, lakes and other water bodies. And, the land is divided in 7 continents. The continents are further divided in more than 200 countries, including many islands, archipelagos, deserts, and mountains. Among them, 193 countries are members of the United Nations. Russia is the largest country in terms of area, and China is the largest country in terms of population.
Largest Countries (by Area)
Largest Countries (by Population)
- United States
Most Populous Cities of the World
- Shanghai, China
- Karachi, Pakistan
- Beijing, China
- The Largest producer of Uranium is Kazakhstan
- The Largest emitter of Carbondioxide in the atmosphere is China
⇒ More Largest in the World
- The Lowest part of the Earth is Dead Sea.
- The Lowest temperature ever recorded on the Earth is −89.2 °C
⇒ More Smallest, Lowest in the World
IMPORTANT HISTORICAL EVENTS (SHORT INTRODUCTION)
— The outbreak of World War II
— The Berlin Wall
IMPORTANT PERSONALITIES (SHORT INTRODUCTION)
The first President of the United States.
Trygve Halvdan Lie
The first Secretary-General of the United Nations.
He was President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999.
is observed internationally as “International Day of Peace”
View all International Days
- General Knowledge of the World
- General Knowledge about important people and important historical facts