GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Our World

Our world is divided in Land and Water. In Science, our world is known as planet Earth. About 71% of the Earth’s surface is covered with water and the remaining 29% is land. Our world is so big that more than 7.4 billion people lives on the land of our world that is only 29% of the total surface area of the Earth.

The world's water is divided in 5 oceans, several rivers, lakes and other water bodies. And, the land is divided in 7 continents. The continents are further divided in more than 200 countries, including thousands of islands. Among them, 193 countries are member of United Nations. Russia is the largest country in terms of area, and China is the largest country in terms of population.


Largest Countries (by Area)

  1. Russia
  2. Canada
  3. United States

Largest Countries (by Population)

  1. China
  2. India
  3. United States

Most Populous Cities of the World

  1. Shanghai, China
  2. Karachi, Pakistan
  3. Beijing, China

THE LARGEST

  • The Largest producer of Uranium is Kazakhstan
  • The Largest emitter of Carbondioxide in the atmosphere is China
  • More Largest in the World


THE LOWEST


Important Historical Events (Short Introduction)
- The outbreak of World War II
- D-Day
- The Berlin Wall
Full List