NTS Quantitative Reasoning: These are different types of quantitative reasoning (or Mathematics section) online multiple choice questions (MCQs) on the NTS test. It also contains questions from Math section of the past NTS test papers. Answers and solutions to the quantitative reasoning MCQs is given after the sample questions.
NTS MATHEMATICS (QUANTITATIVE REASONING) | ONLINE NTS MATH MCQS TEST QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS AND SOLUTIONS
The Mathematics (Quantitative Reasoning) section of the NTS test consists of the following four type of questions:
- Geometry, and
- Basic Statistics and Probability
NTS QUANTITATIVE REASONING: SAMPLE QUESTIONS
Find answers and explanation to the answers at the bottom of the page.
2. of 96 is
3. If and Then what are the values of and
4. If , then
5. What is the 101st term of the sequence: 1, 4 7, 10, …. ?
6. What is the sum of the sequence: 10, 20, 30, 40, …. , 1000 ?
Consider the larger circle and an inner circle. Point A is center of larger circle. If the line AB (not drawn) is 7 cm in length, then what is the area of larger circle.
(A) 154 cm
(B) 136 cm
(C) 112 cm
(D) 94 cm
8. A train traveled a distance of 6,000 km from Lahore to Karachi in 22 hours. And during travel from Karachi to Lahore the train got late due to engine failure and reached Lahore in 28 hours. What is the average speed of train?
(A) 180 km/hr
(B) 200 km/hr
(C) 220 km/hr
(D) 240 km/hr
9. If 6 men can complete a work in 15 hours. Then how many hours it will take if 10 men working on the same speed completes the work?
10. The ages of Sohail, Afzal and Bilal are 17, 16 and 12 respectively. If the age of Aslam also included the average of the ages is increased by 5. What is the age of Aslam?
ANSWERS: NTS QUANTITATIVE REASONING
1(C) 2(D) 3(B) 4(D) 5(C)
6(B) 7(A) 8(D) 9(C) 10(D)
1. (C) Apply DMAS rule (first division, then multiplication, then addition and subtraction in last). That is, 4÷4=1. Then 1×4=4. Then 4+4=8. And, in the last 8−4=4.
2. (D) Replace ‘of’ by ×, that is of 96 = .
5. (C) This is an arithmetic sequence with common difference of 3. The first element is 1, and total elements are 101. So, a1 = 1, d = 3 and n = 101. So, by using the formula of nth term of an arithmetic sequence, we have
6. (B) This is an arithmetic sequence with common difference of 10. The first element is 10, and total elements are 100 (Total elements in the sequence 10, 20, 30, … , 1000 are 100). And, the last element is 1000. So, a1 = 10, an = 1000, d = 10 and n = 100. So, by using the formula for the sum of n elemets of an arithmetic sequence, we have
7. (A) The line AB = 7 cm is the radius of the larger circle. So, the area of the larger circle is
8. (D)Total distance = 6,000+6,000=12,000 (from Lahore to Karachi, and then from Karachi to Lahore). Total time = 22+28=50 hours. Hence, average speed is
9. (C) More people will complete the work in less time, so by applying inversely proportional formula, we have
10. (D) The average of the ages of Sohail, Afzal and Bilal is
If the age of Aslam also included the average of the ages is increased by 5, that is