The upcoming CSS MPT by FPSC is on 2 October 2022. To qualify the CSS MPT is mandatory in order to apply for CSS 2023 written examination which are scheduled to be commenced from 1 February 2023. FPSC has also published a full-length CSS MPT practice paper which can be downloaded in PDF from the link given below.
CSS MPT Paper
FEATURED CSS MPT MCQ
Q. Which of the following color has the shortest wavelength?
The answer is: (C) Blue ☑
View more CSS MPT Questions
CSS MPT by FPSC
CSS MPT Test Date: 2 October 2022
Last Date to Apply: 22 August 2022
Download the CSS MPT 2023 Advertisement by FPSC.
Test Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Number of Questions: 200
Total Marks: 200 marks (1 mark each question)
Passing Marks: 66
Negative Marking: NO
Time Allowed: 200 minutes
CSS MPT Syllabus, Preparation Material, Sample MCQs and Past Papers
- CSS MPT (also called CSS Screening Test)
- CSS Written Examination
- CSS Interview
- CSS Officer
CSS MPT or CSS screening test is the first step towards the central superior services (CSS) competitive examination (CE) by federal public service commission (FPSC). MCQ Based Preliminary Test (MPT) is a compulsory test for appearing in the CSS written examination. FPSC has introduced the MPT for CSS-2022 and onward CSS exams. So all candidates wishing to appear in the CSS-2023 exams must have to pass the CSS MPT screening test on 2 October 2022.
CSS MCQ Based Preliminary Test (MPT)
Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) has introduced a compulsory screening test from CSS-2022 to sift candidates for CSS written examinations.
- MPT will be effective from CSS CE 2022.
- Mandatory Qualifying Test for appearing in Main Written CSS CE 2022.
- Appearance in MPT will not be counted as a chance.
- MPT will comprise of 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of One Mark each.
- No Negative Marking.
- Time duration will be 200 Minutes.
- Qualifying Threshold: Overall 33% Marks (66/200).
- Answer key will be uploaded on FPSC website on the same day after conclusion of Test.
- Candidates will be allowed to take carbon copy of answer sheet.
- MPT will be a knowledge-based test.
- Score of MPT will be valid only for the same year’s CSS CE and will not be counted towards overall marks determining final merit position.
- Cut-off date to determine eligibility in terms of age, qualification, domicile etc. is 31.12.2021.
- Fee for MPT will be Rs. 500/- (Non-Refundable).
- CSS MCQ Based Preliminary Test (MPT) by FPSC. Download the notification by FPSC (PDF)
CSS MPT Eligibility
- All graduates having at least 2nd Division in Bachelor’s degree and between the age of 21 to 30 years on the cut-off date 31st December 2022 are eligible to apply for CSS-2023.
- Two Years Age Relaxation is admissible to the Categories Specified in CSS CE Rules 2019.