10 Facts you should know about Gwadar, Gwadar Port and China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
1. December 8, 1958Gwadar has been part of Pakistan since 8 December 1958. It is located on the coast of Arabian Sea.
2. 533 km from KarachiGwadar is about 533 km from Karachi, the largest city of Pakistan, 120 km from Iran and 380 km from Oman.
3. Oil & Gas + Supply LineGwadar is located at the corridor of rich Oil and Gas producing countries in Persian Gulf and supply line.
4. Warm-Water & Deep-Sea PortGwadar is famous for its warm-water and deep-sea port, known as Gwadar port.
5. Gwadar & Central AsiaGwadar Port is also the nearest seaport to the energy-rich Central Asian Countries.
6. Gwadar to KashgarThe under-construction China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) will connect Gwadar Port in Pakistan to the city of Kashgar in China.
7. 3,000 kmThe CPEC (from Gwadar to Kashgar) is about 3,000 km long.
8. Highways, Railways, Pipelines + Electricity ProductionThe CPEC is a network of highways, railways and pipelines to transport oil and gas from Gwadar to China along with other electricity production projects in different parts of Pakistan.
9. $46 billionChina will spend $46 billion for the construction of CPEC.
10. From 16,000 km to 5,000 kmChina imports 60% of oil from Persian Gulf. With the completion of CPEC, the distance for this import will reduce from 16,000 km to a mere 5,000 km.