CSS International Relations Paper-II Syllabus
Total Marks: 100
Time Allowed: 3 hours
I. International Relation between two Wars
- Russian Revolution, Fascism, League of Nations, Second World War
II. Cold War
- Decolonization in Asia and Africa.
- Rise of United States and Soviet Union,
- Era of Tight Bipolarity, Détente and Loose Bipolarity, Revival of Cold War
III. Post Cold War
- End of History, Clash of Civilizations, Terrorism, Globalization, Unipolarity (New World Order) and Revival of Multi-Polarity
IV. International and Regional Organizations
- League of Nations, United Nations, Regional Organizations, EU, ASEAN, NAFTA, SAARC, SCO, OIC, ECO, WTO.
- Reforms in the United Nations, World Bank and the IMF
V. Foreign Policy of Selected Countries
- USA, Russia, China, UK, India, Pakistan and EU
VI. South Asia
- Peace-making and Peace-Building in South Asia: Analytical overview of peace processes between/among the states of South Asia especially between India and Pakistan.
- India and Pakistan: Overview of agreements and accords, Indus Water Treaty; Composite Dialogue; Sir Creek & Siachen border, Visa and People to people contact; Trade; and Role of civil society
- Afghanistan: Cold war theatre; Soviet Invasion and Mujahedeen; Geneva Accord; Post Cold War situation—Rise of Taliban, AL-Qeada & 9/11; Operation Enduring Freedom; The Bonn Process- Withdrawal
VII. Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons
- Nuclear Weapon States- Programs and Postures: Indian-Pakistan Nuclear Doctrines
- Nuclear Non-Proliferation Regime: International Atomic Energy Agency, Nuclear Non- Proliferation Treaty; Nuclear Supplier Group; Partial Test Ban Treaty; Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty; Fissile Material Cut-off Treaty
- Challenges of Non-Proliferation, Cooperation for Nuclear Energy
- The Missile Defence Systems and their impact on global strategic environment
- Militarization and Weaponization of Space.
VIII. Contemporary Issues
- Euro-Atlantic Vs. Asia Pacific: Great Power Policies
- Kashmir Issue
- Palestine Issue